Hempstead Chamber of Commerce
Click this link for the parade entry form:
Festival of Lights Parade
1. Deadline for entries is Monday December 9th, 2023
2. Parade entries should be in place by 5:00pm. You will be called with your parade number entry.
3. We will line up on Peebles Street next to the Old Football Field on the other side of Hempstead Elementary Schools. Our route will be from there onto FM1887 down and around the town square, ending on St. Barbe Street. You can park in the parking lots at the Back of the Elementary school.
4. All participants will stay in their designated places until authorized to advance by a parade committee member.
5. Speed of entries and traffic control will be under the direction of Hempstead Police
Department with the assistance from area Law Enforcement Agencies.
6. Please drive slowly and pace yourself with the entry in front of you.
7. Possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages or controlled substances is strictly prohibited.
8. All horse entries must present proof of negative coggins test prior to placement in the parade line.
9. The parade chairman and committee reserve the right to refuse any entry.
10. The Hempstead Chamber of Commerce and the parade committee will not be held responsible for any accidents.
11. You may walk and pass out items but nothing may be thrown from the moving entry.
Anyone caught breaking this rule will be immediately removed from the parade and excluded from all future Chamber parades.
Best Decorated Float
Best Marching / Walking
We will be awarding awards and/or ribbons to the 1st and 2nd place winners in each category.